O.R.S Hydration Tablets have also been approved by Informed-Sport, a quality assurance programme for sports nutrition products. Informed-Sport certifies that all nutritional supplements that bear their logo have been tested for banned substances by the world class sports anti-doping lab, HFL Sport Science. Athletes choosing to use O.R.S Hydration Tablets can be reassured that it has been through a rigorous certification process. We are happy to provide sports clubs with a certificate to confirm O.R.S Hydration Tablets contain no WADA prohibited substances. We are active supporters of a world of doping-free-sport. For further information, please see, www.informed-sport.com.
No. O.R.S Hydration Tablets do contain salts and electrolytes, but use sucralose and natural flavourings to create a lemon, blackcurrant, or strawberry hydration solution.
Each tablet can take a few minutes to fully dissolve depending on the temperature of water. The reasons O.R.S takes a few minutes to dissolve relative to some other soluble tablets include the following:
• Helps with the preparation of a homogeneous solution and even distribution of ingredients in water and thus better absorption by the body.
• Helps ensure the active ingredients are intact in hot conditions/climate where many people will be using O.R.S, for example when on holiday or working in warm conditions.
• To help ensure O.R.S can be stored with a 3-year shelf life and sold internationally, we have used a stronger binding agent to keep all the ingredients intact for longer and importantly in variable humidity conditions.
No. O.R.S Hydration Tablets should only be dissolved in normal drinking water.
Each tablet contains only 7.35 kcal when dissolved in 100ml of water.
No, they do not contain aspartame. O.R.S Hydration Tablets use sucralose and natural flavouring to create a tasty hydration solution.
Store the tablets in the original tube and in a cool dry place at room temperature. Try to use the solution immediately once prepared. Do not store the solution for more than 8 hours outside of the refrigerator. The solution can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours.
If you are a Diabetic patient and plan to use O.R.S Hydration Tablets, please consider that each tablet contains 1.635 grams of glucose. It is advisable to consult your GP or a Pharmacist before taking O.R.S.
People suffering from high blood pressure and/or cardiac disease should consider that each tablet contains 177 mg of sodium chloride. It is advisable to consult your GP or a Pharmacist before taking O.R.S Hydration Tablets.
1. Dissolve one tablet in 100 ml drinking water (even if you need less solution, each tablet must be dissolved in 100 ml of water).
2. Wait until the tablet is fully dissolved (stir if required).
3. Give 10 ml of solution per kg body weight each time the body’s fluid needs to be maintained. Always give O.R.S solution to young children in small quantities over an extended period of a time (for example, a small quantity every few minutes). This way the solution is absorbed efficiently in the body.
* Never dissolve O.R.S in baby formula milk. Preferably, give O.R.S before bottle-feeding or breastfeeding to help sufficient amounts to be consumed more easily. Afterwards, feed as normal.
Most people do not suffer any side effects whilst using O.R.S Hydration Tablets, if you do experience any side effects stop using O.R.S and seek medical advice.